MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To set out Civil Engineering works on site accurately and to the required timescales; and communicate to site supervision, site workforce, mechanical plant operators etc. what setting out lines and levels are to be worked to.
- To check that all setting out is accurate and monitor the site workforce to ensure that they are working to the correct lines and levels.
- To contribute to the management of the construction works.
- To assist in the re-measurement and valuation of the contract.
- Provide assistance with New Tendering opportunities, surveys, bulk earthworks quantities and Value Engineering etc.
- To reinforce the Companies Health and Safety Practice and Procedures.
What will you do:
- Liaise with the Customer, Clients and Design Team to ensure that the correct information for setting out is obtained and made available in sufficient time and that all revised drawings and alterations to design are incorporated into the works timeously.
- To keep detailed and accurate records of all setting out information, dates etc.
- To keep detailed diary records of all activities on site daily
- To be aware of the construction programmes in order that setting out can be planned in advance of the dates when the works are to commence.
- To coordinate public utilities and obtain contemporary records of existing services located in the vicinity of the works.
- To liaise with the Client & stakeholder staff, including SW Operations, SW networks, Local Authority Roads, Drainage and Lighting Departments to facilitate the works and obtain permits and warrants etc.
- To assist the site management to develop Method Statements and Risk Assessments together with the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan and to observe the requirement of the CDM Regulations in the status of Principal Contractor.
- To assist the site management with the taking off of building materials.
- Comply with the requirements of the Company’s Quality Procedure Manual.
- Supervise the quality of the works as delegated by site management.
- Plan areas of works identifying requirements for temporary works and plant.
- To assist the commercial department in the re-measurement of the works and to ensure that all additional works and design variations are recorded and reimbursed by the client.
- To provide assistance with new tendering opportunities, surveys, bulk earthworks quantities and Value Engineering etc.
- Carry out training and development of other members of staff in engineering skills.
- To carry out other duties as reasonably assigned by site management
- Aim for high productivity.
- Continuously assess accuracy of all works.
- Strive to reduce costs and complete contract within budget.
- Build relationships with client, subcontractors & supply chain.
- Maintain Company profile on quality.
The job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the range of duties to be undertaken but does not provide an exhaustive list.
You might also have:
- Previous supervisory experience in construction industry is advantageous.
- Qualified to Degree/HND Civil Engineering preferred.
- CSCS card scheme to management level (minimum level 3)
- SMSTS or SSSTS required.
- Knowledge of various surveying equipment is desirable.
- CAD Knowledge and knowledge of ground modelling is desirable.
- Ability to communicate with employees and direct labour.
- Ability to convey necessary information to Workforce, Sub-contractors and Clients.
- Ability to build relationships with the Client’s management team.
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator is desirable.
What do we offer?
The salary is competitive based on knowledge and experience.
We offer the chance to work in a friendly, hard-working and high-achieving team where you will be encouraged to take responsibility, develop yourself and see the difference you are making to the business. We provide a range of benefits, including private healthcare, pension, discounts and flexible working arrangements.
Our head office is in Barrhead (one mile from Barrhead train station) in our own building.
If you feel you would be suitable for the Site Engineer position and would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Alternatively you can fill in the form below to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
We promote equal opportunity within George Leslie and value diversity in our workforce. Our commitment to Equal Opportunity and Diversity begins with our recruitment and selection process. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch by email or telephone so that we can make alternative arrangements for you.
Site Engineer Application
"*" indicates required fields