As a Project Coordinator within our preconstruction team, you will deliver the development / optioneering of Scottish Water projects from identification of need to construction contract award. Agreeing and Co-ordinating the deliverables for each project in a timely manner to achieve agreed goals.
This role is base at our Head Office in Barrhead, with flexible working arrangements available, whilst providing pan-Scotland coverage. Reporting to the Preconstruction Manager you will manage and deliver all preconstruction activities in relation to Scottish Water projects
What you will do:
- Liaise with client, suppliers, team members to achieve project goals
- Coordinate workload to ensure timely completion of projects
- Manage design development projects within allotted timelines and budgets
- Report weekly to the Preconstruction Manager on workload and progress
- Maintain accurate records
- Drive efficiency into every project taking cognisance of carbon reduction
- Assist in developing cost-effective solutions
- Ensure outputs meet CDM/health and safety/environmental compliance
- Review design risk assessments
- Produce scope documentation in a timely manner
- Propose and/or develop value engineered alternative solutions during design phase
- Develop methods for complex or unusual projects
- Assist with the approval of external suppliers
- Obtain or provide pricing for estimating purposes
- Liaise with customers/suppliers/third parties as necessary
- Assist with promoting best practice internally
- Assist with promoting the Company to customers
You might also have:
- HNC in Civil Engineering with minimum 5 years’ site experience
- Current relevant CSCS card preferred
- Significant experience within the civil engineering field
- Working knowledge of relevant industry specifications
- Thorough knowledge of engineering management, construction processes
- Good team worker and able to coach others but also able to exercise own judgement whilst managing your time and tasks
- Effective communicator and encouraged to express your own view and perspective
- Ability to identify risks and opportunities
- Ability to think laterally but remain critically objective in evaluating potential alternatives
- Site experience in the water sector preferred
What do we offer?
The salary is competitive based on knowledge and experience.
We offer the chance to work in a friendly, hard-working and high-achieving team where you will be encouraged to take responsibility, develop yourself and see the difference you are making to the business. We provide a range of benefits, including private healthcare, pension, discounts and flexible working arrangements.
Our head office is in Barrhead (one mile from Barrhead train station) in our own building. We also offer flexible working options.
If you feel you would be suitable for the Project Coordinator position and would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Alternatively you can fill in the form below to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
We promote equal opportunity within George Leslie and value diversity in our workforce. Our commitment to Equal Opportunity and Diversity begins with our recruitment and selection process. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch by email or telephone so that we can make alternative arrangements for you.