The purpose of this role is to produce estimates for civil engineering works in accordance with Company estimating systems and procedures. The Estimator will work with other members of tender teams to develop customer solutions and secure sufficient work in terms of value and type in accordance within the Company values of precision and passion.
- Undertake estimates in accordance with Company procedures
- Identify opportunity and risk during the tender process
- Liaise with the business unit to agree methodology and principles
- Liaise with tender Bid Manager and Planner
- Maintain a register of key assumptions within estimate
- Maintain tender estimate file
- Obtain feedback from site teams on estimating adequacy and current costs
Present Estimates at Adjudication
- Prepare estimating “adjudication pack”
- Present basis of estimate and key assumptions
- Maintain notes of adjudication meetings
- Close out actions and monitor customer negotiations, seeking amended authority as
Handover to Site
- Prepare estimating handover packs
- Maintain notes of handover meeting
- Provide ongoing support to site teams relating to estimate and key assumptions
You might also have:
- Experience in one or more of the following; civils, water, waste, rail or tunnelling
- An understanding of construction techniques and resource needs
- Familiarisation with tender build-ups – possibly through delivery at site level
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software
- Numerate and familiar with estimating software
- A purposeful demeanour and the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel and
- Excellent organisation, time-management and prioritisation skills
- Chartered Engineer or similar level
What do we offer?
The salary is competitive based on knowledge and experience.
We offer the chance to work in a friendly, hard-working and high-achieving team where you will be encouraged to take responsibility, develop yourself and see the difference you are making to the business. We provide a range of benefits, including private healthcare, pension, discounts and flexible working arrangements.
Our head office is in Barrhead (one mile from Barrhead train station) in our own building. We also offer flexible working options.
If you feel you would be suitable for the Estimator position and would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12pm, Monday 5th September 2022
Alternatively you can fill in the form below to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
We promote equal opportunity within George Leslie and value diversity in our workforce. Our commitment to Equal Opportunity and Diversity begins with our recruitment and selection process. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch by email or telephone so that we can make alternative arrangements for you.