About the role:
As Quality Advisor you will be part of our Support Services team’s Quality Department and will report to the Quality Manager. You will advise, coach, mentor and influence the business in a growing construction environment, providing guidance on the effective management of Quality Assurance and Control to project teams and corporate functions in line with the company’s Business Management System.
- Location: Office based but will include visiting sites across Scotland
- Salary: £32-38k
- Hours: 44 hours per week
What you will do:
- Work with the Quality Manager and others to ensure the business maintains its ISO 9001: 2015 certification by leading, promoting, and developing a positive Quality culture within the business and its supply chain whilst identifying areas of improvement within the company’s management processes.
- Assist project teams with the development and implementation of project specific Quality documents, e.g. Project Quality Plans, Inspection & Test Plans, etc.
- Undertake regular quality audits of sites and produce relevant reports whilst investigating and reporting on Quality incidents.
- Monitor “close out” of corrections and preventive/corrective actions of non-conformances.
- Support our project teams through interaction with management and delivery teams and their supply chain.
- Participate in client Quality initiatives, forums and working groups.
What you will need:
- 5 years minimum experience in a civil engineering/construction environment.
- A knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001.
- An understanding of audit and inspection processes for construction projects and the ability to communicate their value and benefits to the rest of the company.
- An understanding of the lifecycle of projects and where quality interfaces.
- The ability to follow business and function processes and work in an organised manner.
- Good team working skills as well as the drive to work on your own.
- Experience in roads construction/reinstatement would be an advantage.
- Full UK Drivers Licence.
What do we offer?
- 34 days annual leave (including public holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Company car/car allowance
- Life Assurance
- Private Health Care
- Flexible working arrangements
We offer the chance to work in a friendly, hard-working and high-achieving team where you will be encouraged to take responsibility, develop yourself and see the difference you are making to the business.
Our head office is in Barrhead (one mile from Barrhead train station) We also offer flexible working options.
If you meet the requirements for the Quality Advisor position and would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV, Covering Letter and current package to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
We promote equal opportunity within George Leslie and value diversity in our workforce. Our commitment to Equal Opportunity and Diversity begins with our recruitment and selection process. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch by email or telephone so that we can make alternative arrangements for you.
George Leslie Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer, accredited by Investors in People and have ISO 9001/14001/45001 certifications.