About the role:
With a healthy forward workload, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced SHEW Advisor to join our existing SHEW team. Reporting to the SHEW Manager, the role is to provide support, and being supported by the existing SHEW Team. The role will involve providing advice and guidance to our site management teams, and checking compliance with legal and best practice safety, health, environment and wellbeing standards.
Location: Office based & visiting various sites across Scotland
Salary: £dependant on experience
What you will do:
- Undertaking regular inspections and audits in keeping with an agreed programme on sites Scotland wide and reporting accordingly.
- Ensuring working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Investigating and reporting on incidents, dangerous occurrences, ill health and near misses.
- Providing advice, support, and assistance to the sites on all aspects of the Company’s Business Management Systems.
- Continually promoting the health and safety ethos and positive culture at all levels in the Company and with sub-contractors.
- Contributing to, and developing, appropriate SHEW initiatives & training packages and to the development of company procedures and other aspects of the SHEW Management Systems.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant construction experience
- Experience with ISO 45001 and 14001 is essential
- A driving licence (the role will involve travelling to sites across Scotland).
What you will have:
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
- Certified (Grad) membership of IOSH
- Power sector experience is desired
- A passion to drive SHEW improvements, work together and be resourceful
- An environmental qualification and membership of IEMA (desirable)
What do we offer?
- 34 days annual leave (including public holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Company car/car allowance
- Life Assurance
- Private Health Care
We offer the chance to work in a friendly, hard-working and high-achieving team where you will be encouraged to take responsibility, develop yourself and see the difference you are making to the business.
Our head office is in Barrhead (one mile from Barrhead train station) in our own building. We also offer flexible working options.
If you meet the requirements for the SHEW Advisor position and would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV, Covering Letter and current package to email@example.com or complete the form below.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
We promote equal opportunity within George Leslie and value diversity in our workforce. Our commitment to Equal Opportunity and Diversity begins with our recruitment and selection process. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch by email or telephone so that we can make alternative arrangements for you.
George Leslie Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer, accredited by Investors in People and have ISO 9001/14001/45001 certifications.
SHEW Advisor Job Vacancy
Submit CV and Covering Letter