The Financial Accountant will be a technically strong, hands-on accountant who will support the Head of Finance deliver timely and accurate financial information, ensure strong financial controls, and drive continuous process improvements across the Finance team.
What you will do:
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly profit and loss, management information, and year-end accounts
- Reconciling and analysing the balance sheet
- Supporting the annual audit process and liaising with external auditors and other stakeholders accordingly
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Support the monthly and weekly payroll processes and RTI submissions
- Corporation Tax Analysis
- ONS returns
- Contribute to the improvement of processes
- Assist in driving best practices whilst adhering to Group policies and procedures
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis as required
- Helping with areas of cashflow forecasting and payment runs
- Assisting with coaching and developing junior members of the finance team
- Continuously driving process improvement within the financial controls of the department
- Managing and training a finance team of nine when necessary
- Creating KPI reports
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy
- Provide support to operational managers and site teams where necessary
- Ad hoc duties upon request
You might also have:
- Fully Qualified Accountant with minimum 5 years post qualified experience
- Construction industry and COINS ERP experience advantageous but not essential (accountancy practice background will be considered)
- Strong IT skills including MS Office (particularly in MS Excel)
- Ability to produce accurate, relevant information in a timely manner
- Comfortable working with senior management
- High level of professionalism
- Proactive in problem solving
- Commercial and business awareness
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints
What do we offer?
The salary is competitive based on knowledge and experience.
We offer the chance to work in a friendly, hard-working and high-achieving team where you will be encouraged to take responsibility, develop yourself and see the difference you are making to the business. We provide a range of benefits, including private healthcare, pension, discounts and flexible working arrangements.
Our head office is in Barrhead (one mile from Barrhead train station) in our own building. We also offer flexible working options.
If you meet the requirements for the Financial Accountant position and would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com before 12pm, Monday 5th September 2022 or fill out the form below.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
We promote equal opportunity within George Leslie and value diversity in our workforce. Our commitment to Equal Opportunity and Diversity begins with our recruitment and selection process. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch by email or telephone so that we can make alternative arrangements for you.